A.R.P Headquarters, Collingham, in the primitive Methodist chapel.

Image ID: 08900

A.R.P Headquarters, Collingham, in the primitive Methodist chapel.

Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives

High Street
Collingham
England

Known as Jellico Hall, the former primitive Methodist chapel (now demolished) was used as the A.R.P (Air Raid Precautions) post No. 3 in Collingham during the second world war. It is seen here well protected by sandbags. The curb is painted white to aid visibility in the blackout

Date: 1939-45

Organisation Reference: NCCE002859

Organisation:

Rate this image:

Submit a Keyword

< Back to Search Results

Comments

Leave a Comment
S M L

£1

Buy
Pinterest LinkedIn Google Plus

Dedicate this image

Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.

Dedicate