Image ID: 07717
Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives
Sutton on Trent
The church originally dated to the 13th century although some Saxon remains were found beneath the west tower, as well as Norman Herringbone masonry. The pinnacled Mering (or Meryng) Chapel was added in c 1520. The Chancel has a five-light east window with a straight sided arch, dated c 1632. The Church was restored in 1902-3 by William Weir.
Organisation Reference: NCCE001523