All Saints Church - Decorated column between the Mering Chapel and Chancel

Image ID: 07701

All Saints Church - Decorated column between the Mering Chapel and Chancel

Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives

Church Street
Sutton on Trent
England

The church originally dated to the 13th century although some Saxon remains were found beneath the west tower, as well as Norman Herringbone masonry. The pinnacled Mering (or Meryng) Chapel was added in c 1520. The Church was restored in 1902-3 by William Weir.

Date: 01/08/1984

Organisation Reference: NCCE001507

Organisation:

Rate this image:

< Back to Search Results

Comments

Leave a Comment
S M L

£1

Buy
Pinterest LinkedIn Google Plus

Dedicate this image

Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.

Dedicate