All Saints Church -Lychgate and War Memorial

Image ID: 07693

All Saints Church -Lychgate and War Memorial

Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives

Church Street
Sutton on Trent
England

This picture shows the Lychgate and War Memorial (World War Two) at All Saints Church. The Church dates back to the 13th century, although Saxon foundations and Norman herringbone masonry have been found. It was restored in 1902-3 by William Weir. The pinnacled Mering (or Meryng) Chapel was added in c.1520.

Date: 01/08/1984

Organisation Reference: NCCE001499

Organisation:

Rate this image:

< Back to Search Results

Comments

Leave a Comment
S M L

£1

Buy
Pinterest LinkedIn Google Plus

Dedicate this image

Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.

Dedicate