Ash's Yard

Image ID: 07635

Ash's Yard

Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives

Market Place
Newark on Trent
England

Ash's Yard was situated in the north west corner of Newark's Market Place. The entrance to the yard was via an opening immediately to the right of the Queen's Head public house. It took it's name from the Ash and Sons bakery which stood next to the pub. The timbered building with jettying at the back of the yard was the bakehouse for the bakery shop mentioned above. Although Ash's shop and the yard entrance have been demolished to make way for the present Queen's Head Court, the bakehouse (restored 1960) still stands and is currently (2004) in use as a teashop. This view shows the entrance to the yard from the Market Place.

Date: 1928

Organisation Reference: NCCE001441

Organisation:

Rate this image:

< Back to Search Results

Comments

Leave a Comment
S M L

£1

Buy
Pinterest LinkedIn Google Plus

Dedicate this image

Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.

Dedicate