Image ID: 06018
Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives
Newark on Trent
Newark Town Hall illuminated to celebrate VE Day on 7th May 1945. Note the WVS sign on the ground floor window left and the sand bags around the police station. The three flags on top of the building were those of Great Britain (centre), flanked by USA and USSR.
Organisation Reference: NCCE000948