Image ID: 23337
Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives
off Queen's Road
Pouring metal into casts. Conveyor with boxes on, packed with sand-cones which are knocked out in the fetting shop (sandblast). One large bucket in centre - pouring into crucible. The man on the left has a crucible supported bu a crane that can be topped up from the bucket. Core shop smelt like fish, glue from sand. The Beeston Boiler Company was founded in 1886 and operated until 1980. Leys Foundry later bought Beeston Boilers. It's now the site of the Mecca Bingo Hall area.
Organisation Reference: NCCX000067