Flour Mill

Image ID: 22086

Flour Mill

Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives

Church Road
Warsop
England

Old flour mill across the road from the parish Church. Not a great deal is known of Warsop's early history. It was a parish within the wapentake of Bassetlaw and grew up as a village in a forest clearing. The forest land was partly enclosed in 1775 and the remainder by an Act of Parliament in 1818. Fairs for the sale of cattle and horses were held each year on 21st May, 29th September and 17th November. The second of these had been dropped by the mid 19th century and the other two have also since been discontinued. In 1811 a school was founded in the town by one Thomas Whiteman with an endowment of

Date: 01/04/1974

Organisation Reference: NCCW001591

Organisation:

Rate this image:

< Back to Search Results

Comments

Leave a Comment
S M L

£1

Buy
Pinterest LinkedIn Google Plus

Dedicate this image

Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.

Dedicate