Image ID: 21326
Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives
Sutton in Ashfield
Brierley Park stands on land which was once part of the Sutton Colliery spoil tip. The colliery, which was also known as Brierley Colliery due to the number of men form Brierley who worked there, was opened in 1874 by the Stanton Ironworks Company. It closed in 1989 when the coal resources were exhausted.
Organisation Reference: NCCW000611