Dalestorth House, Skegby

Image ID: 21242

Dalestorth House, Skegby

Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives

Skegby Lane
Skegby
England

Dalestorth House was built in 1750 by the Rector of Teversal, but the site had been occupied by the Cock Inn since C1600. C 1770, Rev Thomas Hurt enlarged the house, beginning to live at Dalesforth in 1778 (according to GG Bonser, in History of Sutton), and in the early C19 John Miller, a maltster and farmer became the owner. In 1832, it is listed as a Ladies Boarding Establishment, and later, An Establishment for young ladies. The school commenced in 1806 under Mrs Miller, wife of a hosiery worker in order to provide a supplementary income. In 1972, the building was listed by English Heritage

Date: 1900-1999

Organisation Reference: NCCW000526

Organisation:

Rate this image:

< Back to Search Results

Comments

Leave a Comment
S M L

£1

Buy
Pinterest LinkedIn Google Plus

Dedicate this image

Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.

Dedicate