Image ID: 21167
Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives
An Engraved advertisement for a school. The building was Grove House, a five bay, L shaped 18th century house with later additions (see NCCW000449 for an interior photograph) which stood at right angles to the street. It was first run as a commercial academy by William Espin in 1819, then from the mid 19th century run by Richard (a churchwarden from St John's from 1873-8) and William Tyrer (see NCCW000450 and NCCW000449). It was later called St Peter's Institute.
Organisation Reference: NCCW000451