Chicken-wire fence and Myford's Machine Tool Factory

Image ID: 17968

Chicken-wire fence and Myford's Machine Tool Factory

Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives

Chilwell High Road
Wilmot Lane
Beeston
Nottinghamshire
England

The MYFORD ENGINEERING COMPANY (later to be changed to Myford Limited) was founded in September 1934, by the late Cecil Moore, at the site seen here on Wilmot Lane. The company was formed to fill a need for small, inexpensive metalworking lathes. Manufacture commenced with a 3inch height machine, which became very popular. The success of this original ML1 machine led to further Myford models and the manufacture of a whole range of similar machines under other brand names. World War II, brought a change to manufacture of Drummond lathes, poppet vale grinding machines for military use and special purpose machines for munitions production. During the post-war period the company expanded its range to include milling machines and woodworking lathes. The old Myford's factory has since been demolished, though the company still exists and is presently headed by Cecil Moore's grandson, Mr. Christopher Moore.

Date: 1985

Organisation Reference: NCCS001019

Organisation:

Rate this image:

< Back to Search Results

Comments

Leave a Comment
S M L

£1

Buy
Pinterest LinkedIn Google Plus

Dedicate this image

Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.

Dedicate