Image ID: 17803
Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives
An 11th century Norman church with Tudor perpendicular additions. Inside are some ancient monuments of the Armstrong family c 1572, and former vicars of this parish. There is a fine Rood Screen, a memorial to George Widmerpool (obit. 8 July 1689). The church was later used by the parishioners of nearby Thorpe-in-the-Glebe church which was in ruins by 1824 (Thorpe-in-the-Glebe is now an extinct village).
Organisation Reference: NCCS000657