Image ID: 17228
Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives
These consist of one room, in an alcove which is incorporated a bedspace and a scullery. The access to nos. 18 and 20 is by a common porch. The centre arch is to the rear access. These were erected by the Birkin family, who resided at Ruddington Hall, in 1834 to house four poor widows as a token of their appreciation of the victorious conclusion of the Napoleonic Wars (1815). They are now owned by Mr and Mrs Gallagher, active octogenarians who live in no.20.
Organisation Reference: NCCS000083