Image ID: 00169
Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives
Ashwell Street was the original Netherfield Board School, opened in 1894 to serve the expanding railway village. This view is looking south-east from Meadow Road and shows the playground or school yard at the rear of the premises. Knight Street is to the right. The school was later closed with the site being cleared in 2008.
Organisation Reference: CC/ED/11/1/216