Image ID: 14717
Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives
Thoresby was once the home of the Duke of Kingston, followed in time by Earl Manvers, a descendent, and the Pierrepont family. The original mansion's solid substantial structure was destroyed by fire in 1745. The Duke of Kingston replaced the old house, but his brick mansion has in its turn given way to a glorious house built of Steetley stone in the Elizabethan style of architecture. By the late 20th century, the hall had stood in a delapidated state for many years, and has since been converted to a hotel.
Organisation Reference: NCCN001124