Image ID: 14712
Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives
Bridge Place, opposite Watson Road
The advertisements in the window say that they sell New Zealand and Colonial mutton and lamb. This had become possible with the introduction of refrigerated cargo ships in 1882, Britain and Europe became eager consumers of the meat, and New Zealand entered the overseas market as a major food producer.
Organisation Reference: NCCN001119