Image ID: 12969
Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives
Southwell Road East
Blidworth station was located on the Midland Railway's Mansfield - Southwell - Rolleston Junction line and is seen here when new. It was later renamed Blidworth & Rainworth, to reflect the growth of the latter settlement, in which it was actually located. The station closed to passengers in 1929 and to goods in 1964 and was subsequently demolished, the site being obliterated by housing development. Note the winch at extreme left, possibly to assist shunting in the adjoining goods yard.
Organisation Reference: NCCM000774