Image ID: 11813
Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives
The Nottingham Archives Office, situated in High Pavement was once an elegant town house, erected in 1730 by Wood and Nicholson. It was a private residence for the first the Hallowes family and later until 1833 by Fellowes family. It then became the Judges lodgings when the fluted Greek doric pillars were added. In 1922 a new Judges lodging was opened in the Nottingham Park and County house, as it was then known, became offices for the County Council until its present use began in 1966. The Nottingham Archives office is now in the process of moving out of the building to go into new offices.
Organisation Reference: NCCK000791