Image ID: 11794
Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives
Severns was a wealthy merchant's house built about 1450. It was named after a family of wine merchants who owned it. It is now a Nottingham Lace shop. It was built originally on Middle Pavement It was moved to its present site on Castle Road in 1969-70. It was one of only three medieval timber framed buildings left in the city (the others were part part of 'The Bell' and the 'Salutation' Inns. From 1660 onwards brick was used everywhere locally.
Organisation Reference: NCCK000772