Image ID: 01127
Courtesy of Nottinghamshire Archives
The general baptists were first established at a private house in Daybrook owned by a family called Brown. They moved next, to a wool room behind Chestnut House and finally to the General Baptist Chapel on Front Street in 1822. The building shown here was built in 1840 and sold in 1958 when it was replaced by a church on the Killisick Estate. Remains of the churchyard are still in place on Front Street. Rex series postcard, number 319.
Organisation Reference: NCCC003060